Research shows that recess is important for kids' academic success. It is a sweet bit of time for students to relax with friends, get fresh air, run around and rest the noggin. Studies show that kids who have outdoor recess perform better in the classroom. So let's practice what is being preached. Join the Elements DC for a few hours of unique, local, adventure. We will get outside, active and grounded and send you back ready to tackle the 'to do's'.
Elements Recess will be a couple of hours in length and sprinkled throughout the year. Be sure to subscribe so you can be in the know of an upcoming Recess.
- 8:00 -8:30: gather at Baked & Wired in Georgetown; 1052 Thomas Jefferson Street, NW (map)
- 8:30 - 11:30; Brisk warm-up walk to Arlington National Cemetery where we will explore the grounds, observe the 10:00 'Changing of the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier' and then walk back to Georgetown.
- Parking: we encourage you to walk to recess but if you need to drive, you can park on side streets of Georgetown for 2 hours (Zone 2 holders get unlimited time in Georgetown) or use Park Mobile app or park in a parking lot.
- What to Wear: Dress for the weather and bundle up; warm, wicking layers & hat & gloves.
- What to Bring; $ for a warm coffee/tea or cupcake at Baked & Wired
- Estimated mileage: 6 miles
- Weather Plan & Refund Policy: Inclement weather date is Thursday, November 30th from 8:00 - 11:30. If both days are rotten, we will reschedule and if you are unable to join our new date or If you need to cancel prior to recess we will refund you less a $5 admin fee
- Elements Guide
- Hot Element Tea & nourishment