6th – 8th Grade: Future Leaders
Learn how to supervise youth in the winter woods. Shadow the Crew, tap into your inner leader and have a heck of a lot of fun while experiencing the positive benefits of an afternoon in the wintry woods.
We offer Junior Crew every Winter; each Junior Crew program includes as many sessions as each participant can attend (minimum 1/week). See what we have scheduled below, and if there's nothing lined up, subscribe to be notified when enrollment opens for future seasons.
Details at a glance
- Age: 6th – 8th Graders; We have a limited number of spots for our Junior Crew and priority will go to Elements alums. Please register your child regardless of whether they were an alum. Once we have all interested participants, we will make final roster. Full refunds will go to those who we are unable to accommodate.
- Day: Monday – Thursday (attend any one session at any location per week)
- Location: Varies (check the full kid's schedule)
- 4:00pm drop-off (option to attend Crew Brief)
- 5:30pm pick up
- Orientation: JC’s are invited to attend the one hour, pre-season JC Orientation and Crew Season Kick off Celebration (hot chocolate and S'mores) on Monday, January 15 from 4:30 - 6:30.
- Weekly commitment: We realize that our JC's can often have busy after-school schedules With that in mind, we allow JC’s to attend as many or as few sessions per week that work for their schedule. You have flexibility and can pick the day(s) that work for you each week. JC's are welcome to arrive to the site at 4:00 for the Crew Brief.
- Enrichment: Every few sessions we introduce age appropriate enrichment to our JC's: wilderness first aid; survival skills; unique explorers and their adventure stories; leadership skills, etc.
- Celebration: JC’s will have an Elements Season End celebration. Those who complete the eight week program will receive evaluations and a certificate stating completion of the program.